Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cured!

So I had a massage last night for my pulled muscle and at many points I kept opening my eyes to look and just make sure she didn't have needles she was poking me with or maybe burning me with a match- it was that painful. So I limped home and fell into bed and slept poorly again with my back hurting. I love sleep. I HATE no sleep and I am NOT a happy camper when I don't get my sleep. The thing (besides pasta and bagels) that I was most excited about during marathon training was the part that said the week of the marathon to start getting an extra hour of sleep. I gleefully told Eric this and he said "Uh, I think this is for people who don't get 9 hours a night already miss "I go to bed at 10 and get up at 7." It's true, I do, but I could always use more sleep!

So today I went to the chiropractor and was a little scared b/c of the terrifying warnings that my co-workers were giving me about being paralyzed, etc. I even had one lady at my work tell me to not let her "adjust your sacrum by going through (the back door to put it nicely:))." WHAT?!? And yes, she did venture near that region but when my cheeks clenched up like buns of steel she explained that she was going NEAR that region but not in..whew! I was able to relax for most of it...except everytime I breathed out and she went to pop and I kept thinking "This is it- I'm going to be paralyzed!" but I wasn't and feel 100% better. My sacrum was out, therefore causing my right leg to be shorter than my left so not only was I in pain but I was deformed:( 3 Ribs were also out and she put those right back in and I feel so much better. NOW I can get excited about Sunday- mainly I was getting sad b/c there was just no way I was going to do it...now I am!

Oh, and I have ADDED to the laundry pile. Matt and Hayley came over the other night and Matt said "What's going on in there Eric?" I'm still holding strong and yes, mom, I know it's a case of karma:)

No comments:

Post a Comment