Monday, April 26, 2010

Countdown to Sunday!

Wow- only 6 days and I will be setting off for my first marathon! Excited but also very nervous- especially considering my hamstring has chosen the last 2 weeks to begin it's rebellion against this running stuff. I chose (studpidly- yes, you can all say I told you so) to run last Saturday and am paying for it now. I am going for a massage on Wednesday (that ought to be akward to say the least- more on that in a moment) so hoping that works this out. Between patients at work I've been using a breast ice pack to ice my injury but the pull is situated in such a place that it looks more like I'm icing my crotch so showing her my injury ought to be interesting! I'm really excited too for a girls' weekend (plus house husband Gabe!) and to prove to myself I can run 26.2 miles. We made the mistake of coming up with the grand plan of a marathon after consuming copious amounts of champagne...I frequently dream of that night never happening when I'm getting up on a cold Saturday morning to run 20 miles! Okay, off to rest and watch the Blazer game but watch for more posts...I think I'm going to like this blog thing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment